Thursday, August 6, 2009

How Do You Teach Your Children?

I had never really considered the effects of teaching the gospel on children before. How did they affect me? How will I teach my kids? What is the underlying theme I want them to hold onto when they thing about the gospel and why we do the things we do?

Well, I was reading this post by Alisa. She talks about her growing up years, and the fear that was (probably unintentionally) placed upon her, and how she looks at why we do what we do now.

It started me thinking. I have a lot of frustrating moments and disagreements with things that are done and said at church. Most of these feelings are because of the place at which the things are done and said come from. I feel that most people are doing them for the wrong reasons.

I like that Alisa addresses the Love that is truely behind all we do. I agree with her. There is no better reason than Love.

I hope you all go and read this post. It was worth the few minutes of time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...