Monday, August 30, 2010

The Weight of the Summer

Can't you feel it? The weight of the summer bearing down on you? I sure can. It's over. The fall air is blowing in. New beginnings. I know, I know. Everyone talks about new beginnings in January. Making "new year resolutions." What about 1/2 year pick-me-ups?

That's how I feel; like I need a pick-me-up. I don't start school this year. I'm not working or getting ready to go back to work for the season. I don't have a child beginning school. It just feels like blah. It feels like the wonders of Summer have all come crashing down and now there is no way to push them off of me.

There is something missing. I just can't put my finger on it.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I think January and February are the hardest times for a stay at home mom. Someone told me that, and I didn't believe it until I was in that situation. So blah and nothing to do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...