Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Hope Ya Know, We Had a Hard Time"

I don't know how many of you have read the talk "Hope Ya Know, We Had a Hard Time" from the last session of General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but it was a good one. I didn't remember this particular talk nor any other being particularly important to me back in October, but it really affected me today.

I was trying to find the best possible way to begin (I know that I'm late) my quest through Lent. So, I thought that I would read a bit about faith. Although I know that my faith isn't as weak as it used to be there is always room for improvement. And reading what this little 3-year-old boy felt after driving through a severe snow storm with his father really got to me. He told his mother, on the phone, "Hope ya know, we had a hard time." That is exactly how I feel.

So, I guess I have found what I need to work on. My faith in God the Father is lacking just a little. It's hard when you can talk and He doesn't really respond -not verbally and sometimes not at all. Which makes me want to just yell and scream at Him "I hope you know, I'm having a really hard time." Now I know he knows, but sometimes it would be nice to really know. Any little bit of encouragement and support that lets me know that I'm not crazy would be great.

1 comment:

Destenee said...

Steph- I don't know if you will read this cuz you posted it a little while ago, but I just wanted to leave a short little comment. I just recently found this blog of yours and am going through the old posts, when I read the last couple on Heavenly Father I really wanted to share something that I heard that helped me feel the presence and blessings that He has given me. The last 7 or so months have been extremely hard for me for many reasons. I felt I had a choice, to turn TO Him or away from Him. I will forever be grateful that I tried to come closer to him, because my tesitmony has grown more in these last few months than it has my whole life. Now to my point :). I don't remember where I heard it but someone said that you should occationaly try to make one of your daily prayers strictly a prayer of thanks. Don't ask for anything just thank Heavenly Father for all the blessings you can think of and then end your prayer. It was abundntly clear to me how much I am blessed when I took the time to do nothing but thank Him. It is nice to have those "ah-ha" moments, but that's just not how it works...what good would faith be then. Just a thought, it works for me. wow that was long.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...