Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Monthly Menu Planner

I decided this year that I would be on top of the whole dinner every night thing. It is supposed to be cheaper, right? Well, this year I'm going to see if it actually does save us money to eat at home.

I decided I needed a way to organize and remember what we were going to be eating every day. So, I spent plenty of time on Pinterest.com trying to find some great menu planners. I found plenty of them, but none that I felt would completely meet our needs. So, I made my own.

I started out with a plain old cork board. It was this ugly brown color. So, I painted it black.
Here is the cork board all ready to be painted.

Here is my finished Monthly Menu Planner:

Days of the week


The whole board. I left lots of space so I could fit Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on each day.
I finished it in time to try out the last two weeks of January. It worked out fantastically. I knew before hand what I was going to make for dinner. No more hours of debating our meals. Yeah.! This last Sunday I spent nap time putting together February. I have my whole month planned out. Fantastic!

2 comments:

JJ said...

I have been planning my monthly menus for about 3 yrs. It takes the frustration out of trying to figure out what's for dinner. and also helps with the grocery bills. I usually make a calendar so the kids can see when and what day we are having a certain meal!! I love it!

Phannie said...

JJ- I love it too! It took way more time than I thought it would. But it's worth no headaches over dinner time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...