Sunday, September 19, 2010

Climb Your Mountain




For every hill I’ve tried to climb,

For every stone that bruised my feet,

For all the blood and sweat and grime,

For blinding storms and burning heat,

My heart sings but a grateful song

These are the things that made me strong!

For all the heartache and the tears,

For all the anguish and the pain,

For gloomy days and fruitless years,

And for the hopes that lived in vain,

I do give thanks, for now I know

These were the things that helped me grow!

‘Tis not the softer things in life

Which stimulate man’s will to strive;

But bleak adversity and strife

Do most to keep man’s will alive.

O’er rose-strewn paths the weaklings creep,

But brave hearts dare to climb the steep.

-Unknown Author


*************************************************************

I remember a psychological exercise that my roommates and I did in college and discarding everything and running into the storm was something I looked forward to. I'm not so sure how I feel now. Sometimes I wish for the days that I dared to take on anything.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...