Thursday, April 1, 2010

Coveting. . . It's not that bad is it?

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbour's."

So does that mean that I'm sinning when I stand over my dish engulfed sink longing for the dishwasher that exists in the newly remodeled apartment next door?



It is the last of the 10 commandments, it could be easily overlooked, right? No? Damn it.


You know what's sad about the many dishes in my sink? (besides no dishwasher)
My cupboards are still packed full.


Apartment Life. It feels as though I will never get out of it.

(I guess I don't need a house, just a place to put all my stuff.)

2 comments:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh, I so feel you pain.

I didn't have a dishwasher or a washer and dryer until we left BYU... which was AFTER 5 years of marriage and three small kids!!

If it makes you feel any better, I coveted every single double stroller I saw as I strategically placed four small kids into one, single stroller.

Ya, umm... that was fun. =)

I think in your case, the Lord just might make an exception to the coveting thing. =)

Em said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...