Sunday, October 25, 2009

Your Constant Companion

I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper or your heaviest burden. I will push you onward or drag you down to failure. I am completely at your command. Half the tasks you do you might just as well turn over to me and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly.

I am easily managed. you must merely be firm with me. Show me how you want something done, and after a few lessons, I will do it automatically.

I am the servant of all great people and, alas, of all failures as well. Those who are great, I have made great. those who are failures, I have made failures.

I am not a machine, but I work with all the precision of a machine, plus the intelligence of a man. you may run me for profit or run me for ruin. It makes no difference to me.

Take me, train me, be firm with me and I will put the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you.

Who am I? I am HABIT.

--Author Unknown

*********************************************************************

I hope you can look at your habits and know they are benefiting your life and not pulling you down. If they are undesirable habits I hope you have the strength to over come them and develop a new, replacement habit.

Have a wonderful Sabbath.

3 comments:

Lori Ann said...

WOW. I loved this post and I think I am going to print it out and hang it on my fridge:) Is it ok if I quote this on my blog and reference yours?

Tali said...

I love it too! but I was thinking it was your body for the first bit. cool. Can I use it too?

Phannie said...

Yeah. You can both use it. That is just fine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...