Thursday, May 21, 2009

Remembering when. . .

I have been thinking about something that some wonderful friends did for me and my hubby three years ago. I don't know if I ever gave a shout out then, but thought I would now.

I was getting married and I had my best friends flying/driving into town to come. They were wonderful. We played before the wedding and they took care of me after too. While we (me and the hubby) were still at our wedding reception, my wonderful women took our keys to our apartment and went to "straighten up." (I really wanted to go home together on our first night as a couple, not a hotel room)

Now, I thought that straighten up meant move all the boxes, furniture, washing machine, and pieces of table out of the way to make a walking trail on the floor. That is apparently not what it meant. They managed to pack everything (all my two bedroom apartment stuff crammed into a one-bedroom) into the laundry space, and two small closets. Trust me they packed well.

Anyway, we returned to our apartment to find a home. Everything in it's place. Nothing on the floor and the heavy washing machine in the laundry room. It was perfect. The Best Wedding gift we received. Wonderful.

3 comments:

Mrs. B. Roth said...

Yeah, my "friends" and family put birdseed in everything, short sheeted the bed, spewed gelatinous goo in the tub and wrote inappropriate things on the mirrors.

You have nice friends!

Andrea said...

That was fun for us too! I almost cut Robyn's finger off with the washer too. It got stuck between the washer and the kitchen cabinet and then we had to search the boxes for a napkin and a band-aid. MEMORIES!!! :)

Phannie said...

Thanks Ande.

Mrs. B. I know I shouldn't have, but I laughed. It's kind of funny

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...