Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fabric Covered Cork Boards

So, I have been watching the DIY blogs like crazy trying to figure out how to help my poor, bare walls. I don't love the way cork boards look. And the frames they come in are hideous. I have seen a lot of fabric covered cork board that have been re-framed with some fantastic frame, but I didn't want to spend too much money. I decided that I didn't want a frame. I came up with these:

MY FABRIC CORK BOARDS

FIRST, I pulled the ugly frame off.
SECOND, I measured and cut the board into three equal pieces. (I just used an exacto knife)

THIRD, I measured and cut the fabric I wanted to cover them with.
FOURTH, I tacked the fabric in place. Pulling very tightly so there was no bumps.

FIFTH, I hot glued the fabric down. Taking the tacks out when the glue was dry. (I would have taken a picture if I had more hands)
SIXTH, I super-glued the brackets on the back so that the cork boards could be hung on my wall.
THEN, I hung them up.


I think they turned out pretty well. I still have to do the third one and hang it on another wall. Now, I just need to do cute tacks to hang pictures up on them. I'm so excited.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...