Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Festival of Trees

I love to decorate for Christmas. I was always the one growing up to pull out all the boxes and get everyone else involved. (if I let them, and if they could handle my orders)

I still love to decorate. My own assortment of decorations looks a little sad, but grows every year. (I'm really glad that we don't have too many decorations because we wouldn't be able to put them anywhere in our little apartment now or during the storing season) So, the last couple of years we have spent an evening wandering up and down the isles at the South Towne Expo Center looking at the beautifully decorated trees. There are big trees, small trees, wreaths, gingerbread houses, and many hand-crafted items donated to raise money for the Primary Children's Hospital. I love looking at the amazing talent that so many have. If you have time, each donation has a story to go along with it. A story about someone who has battled some sort of disease. The donation is in memory of them.

Here are a couple of the things that I saw:


This Castle is AMAZING!


The UP House was wonderful as well.


It was hard to believe that this train was made of gingerbread.


"The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" Tree.


A "John Deer" Tree



"Star Wars" Trees. This had multiple trees with fliers traveling between trees. Battles being fought below. A whole bunch of action figures. This was cool.


"The Wizard of Oz" Tree

And, of course, My FAVORITE TREE:

The CANADA Tree. "Christmas EH?"

There is always a couple of BYU trees, UTAH trees, and Jazz trees. I just can't believe I didn't get any pics of them. They were wonderful as well. If you have never gone to the Festival of tree you should go next year. It's beautiful fun. There are crafts for the kids, live performances, and Santa is there. Your family will love it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...