Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Giving

At Christmas time growing up we spent a whole ton of time mixing, baking, and heating up the kitchen. (not to mention the house from the oven) And as time goes by, like in most families I think that some of the loved traditions when you were little get left behind or forgotten or changed. This happened in my house.

My mom is a great cook. At Christmas time it was Chocolates, Pies, Slush, Nuts and Bolts, Cookies, Caramels, and Crisps. We would eat plenty and give plenty away as well. But over the years my mom has stopped cooking these things. Busy lives.

Well, this year, being pregnant has really made me want to make all of the goodies I enjoyed as a little girl. (not to mention I don't have to feel too bad about eating them right now)

Here are the cookies that have been made:



I am very proud of this face. My artistic prowess astounds you doesn't it?


These sugar cookies were made with my Hubby's nephews(6, 4, and 2 yrs old). They were so cute and surprisingly careful not to mix up the colors. It was a lot of fun.



These are my shortbread cookies. Don't ask what's in them just eat the beautiful goodness.

I also made Caramels. They didn't make it long enough to get a pic. They disappeared.

WHAT DO YOU BAKE AT CHRISTMAS TIME?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...