Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Can Cure

This was our contribution for the season. (and by "contribution" I mean, we spent the day helping out)

My hubby and I spent the day in the Park City area. There is a non-profit organization called Christmas Can Cure that brings a special Christmas Holiday to wounded veterans and their families every year. This year was the first one in Utah. The families get to stay at a resort in the area, go skiing, tubing, horseback riding, play sled hockey, and have an early Christmas Eve and Day. The community gets involved in any way they can. The Boy and Girl Scouts did a flag raising ceremony for to honor the two veterans and their families. And there were schools in the area that made Christmas cards thanking the soldiers for their service.


The flag ceremony.


The Chidester Family


The Perez Family

It was a lot of fun getting to know the families and their father's stories. I think they did more for me than I did for them.


You can find out more about Christmas Can Cure HERE.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...