Friday, November 13, 2009

Hamburger Pie

This recipe was so good. The best Shepherds Pie I have ever had. I got it out of a novel I read this week, A Star In Winter. After every chapter there was a recipe for whatever was made in that particular part of the story. I was short on food (hadn't done the grocery shopping yet this week) and I thought I would give it a try.

Here it is:

Brown 1 lb. of ground beef and add the following to taste:

Salt and pepper
Minced onion (I used dried onion flakes. They worked well)
Garlic powder
Dried Parsley
Worcestershire sauce (this really made the flavor)

Then add:

One can of green beans, drained
Two 8-oz cans of tomato sauce.



Spread in casserole dish.



Spread hot mashed potatoes on top.



Sprinkle with shredded cheese and put in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted.



Yum, YUM! It was so good. I might try more veggies in it next time. I love my veggies.

***recipe from A Star in Winter by Anita Stansfield, pg 23***

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...