Monday, October 4, 2010

Conference Guilt? or Resolution?

We . . .
  • get our note pads out
  • gather our favorite snacks
  • get out Conference Bingo
  • guard our favorite, comfy chair
  • bring in the pillow and blanket
  • and settle down for a weekend of enlightenment
I LOVE Conference Weekend, but don't you ever just feel like you walk away from it all with this guilt? Heavy or light; makes no difference. Just guilt. You haven't been reading your scriptures, or praying as much as you should. You haven't attended the Temple for a while. You might have yelled at your kid a bit too much last week. You skipped out of Sunday School a few times since last conference. GUILT.

Sometimes I feel like General Conference is like New Year's. We make resolutions to improve in so many ways that ALL of them get lost in the days and months. Maybe that's why they do Conference twice a year. So, this Conference I am only deciding to work on one area.

Scripture Study. I'm going to do it again. I'm not sure what I'm going to read, but I will let you know.

What are your Conference Resolutions? or Guilt?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...