Friday, July 31, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House



Last night the hubby and I went to the Oquirrh Temple Open House with my family. We all met together before to have a picnic dinner. After dinner, we drove over to the temple. Now, this temple open house was completely different from that of the Draper Temple.

At the Draper Temple, we got to the church, watched the little movie, were driven up to the temple, walked right in, and spent only 20 minutes walking through. BUT at the Oquirrh Temple, we got to the temple, stood in line for almost an hour, finally got to the front doors and then spent another hour walking through.

We spent the whole time in line trying to decide whether or not we wanted to leave and get pie or stay and go through the temple. We could always go through the temple when it opens and there are significantly less people there. Obviously, by the time we got to the doors we hadn't decided and ended up staying. The pregnant lady missed out on pie. I was a little disappointed. I lived though.

The temple was beautiful. I hope ya'll got to go. If you have one of the last few tickets in the next couple of days REMEMBER: Go Early! It is of the utmost importance. Also remember to take snacks. Especially if you have kids or are pregnant. I thought I was going to die. I was starving.

Anyway, Have fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...