Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

Today is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. I have decided that I will participate in Lent this year with a friend of mine. But I wanted to better understand the meaning of why there is something given up and I wanted a good idea of what I should give up. So, I went here and found out a lot of info that helped me better understand what I will be doing in the next 40 days.

After reading about Lent I discovered that Lent was all about baptism and renewing the commitments with God that I made when I was baptised. "Lent is about conversion, turning our lives more completely over to Christ and his way of life." I want to do this. So, instead of picking something to give up. I am going to spend Lent finding out what obstacles are keeping me from fully enjoying the companionship of the Holy Ghost. And then, when I see what is in my way I can rid it from my life, and dedicate the time to renewing my relationship with God.

I will let you know how it goes for me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...